Nothing beats a clutter-free RV. Instead of finding stuffs strewn everywhere leaving your newfound nomadic home feel cramped and uncomfortable, organizing stuffs like clothes, kitchen utensils, bathroom stuffs, personal things, and even waste can be a lofty endeavor.
So, how to turn a seemingly narrow space into a clutter-free haven? Here are 20 RV living storage organization hacks gathered from experienced families for you to consider.
1. Hanging Toiletries. Sort out storage for bathroom necessities by using a hanging organizer. A shoe organizer can be repurposed and hang just right at the back of a camper’s door. You can even hang it along the shower curtain.
2. Toothbrush Holders. Toothbrush left lying in the open is a magnet for germs and microbes. Assemble your toothbrushes by storing it under the shelves or by attaching repurposed PVC pipes into a bathroom cabinet’s door. A sticky Velcro may also be attached to a toothbrush holder. Simply pull the top cover when it’s brushing time.
3. Hook-A-Waste Basket. Place trash where it belongs—hidden from plain view. You can buy an organizer which can be effortlessly hooked and unhooked on a cabinet door’s inside. You may also find other hooked organizers here to serve your purpose.
InterDesign Axis Steel Over The Cabinet Storage Organizer
4. Hidden Storage. There are plenty of wasted space in an RV. Think beds, chairs or sofas. You can customize these areas to help haul stuffs like silverware and kitchenware, bed linens, towels, and so on.
5. Towel Rods. Lids of cookware can be a tad space consuming. To remedy this messy problem, install a tower rod to hold them on the back of your kitchen cabinet.
6. Magnetic Tins. Bottled herbs and spices can also take up countertop space when not organized properly. You can keep them right at a cabinet’s door via spice gripper clips like the one below. Or you may want to buy those magnetic spice tins.
Magnetic Spice Rack Gripper Clips
7. Hanging Baskets. Make good use of vertical space by using hanging baskets. These baskets can store fruits and vegetables or spices and condiments. It may also hold mugs, glasses or teacups.
8. Wall-Mounted Dispenser. Install a wall-mounted soap-shampoo-conditioner dispenser. This will help free up bathroom counter and cabinet space by a mile. It’s also makes showering more convenient.
9. Hanging Canvas Basket. Cramped space for towels, bed linens, curtains and stuffs? Why not invest in a hanging canvas basket like the one below. This make good use of your camper’s vertical space allowing for more living space.
10. Info Board. Organize list, reminders, receipts and so on by hanging a bulletin board right where you can see it easily. You can transform a seemingly unused wall by simply adding a corkboard on it. You can check out various designs and styles HERE.
11. Hook It Up. Make good use of hooks to organize RV space. Look for convenient locations and hook things for them to be easily seen. Think keys, hats and sunglasses near the entrance or sweatshirts and worn clothing in the bedroom, loofah and stuff in the shower, or ladles and stuffs in the kitchen. This will organize small stuffs which may otherwise be tossed somewhere else.
12. Food Safety Organization. Use airtight food bins to store your food and keep critters out. Look for thin and transparent food bins that fit perfectly to your RV’s pantry. If you may, store pasta, rice, and other dry food in a food dispenser vertically attached to your wall.
13. Shoes Organization. It’s so easy to trip on a shoe when living in a cluttered RV. To organize your limited space, simply attach a shoe organizer into the bottom of a bed, the side of a chair, or attached on an inconspicuous bottom wall. Or you may want to place it just right on the entryway of your motor home.
14. Fruits/Veggies Hammock. Use up seemingly wasted space by adding a fruit/veggie hammock. Here, you can store fruits and vegetables convenient for everyone to see and easy to reach. This fruit and veggie hammock below, for instance, also makes an awesome decorative element to your RV space.
15. Magazine Holders. Do you know that a magazine holder also offers ingenious space-saving solution to your RV living? Hang it on a cabinet’s door then, store stuffs like kitchen utensils, cleaning accessories, and so much more. Get creative.
16. Expandable Shelves. Add expandable shelves into your cabinets to increase space. This helps you get the most out of a countertop space. You can check out various expandable shelves from Amazon here.
17. Spidey’s Wall. Add a wall netting storage system. This is perfect for collecting frequently used stuffs like toys, remote controls, cellphones, and so on. This netted polybag from EZnet, for instance, comes equipped with durable and flexible bungee cord framework to snugly hold your things.
Black Medium EZ Net Organizer
18. Collapsibles & Stackables. Choose kitchen things that are either collapsible or stackable. Think collapsible pots, colanders and kettles. Nesting bowls are also an excellent option. These collapsible Thin Bins below can be stored flat when not in use.
Thin Bins Collapsible Containers
19. Battery Storage. You will need batteries and they can be dangerous when just left lying about. To organize, store them inside a tackle box. No more accumulated junk in your drawer and keeping track of your usage can also be done this way.
20. Go Full Digital Throttle. Let go of bulky books, CDs, DVDs, and BluRays. To save on much-needed space, convert these media into digital forms. Think e-readers, external hard drives, and USB storage. Go for streaming platforms like Spotify for music and Amazon Prime or Netflix for movies and TV shows.
It’s really easy when you know how to optimize every square inch footage of your home vehicle. With these 20 RV living storage organization, you can finally enjoy clutter-free space everyone will love. So, what are you waiting for? Start packing and make your new crib cozier and more efficient with these ingenious tips and tricks.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.