Don’t know what RV kitchen accessories to pick? Space is one of the biggest contentions when it comes to living in a mobile home. One has to find ways to optimize what little legroom there is to ensure not just comfort but also efficiency and reliability as well. Finding extra space, however, is not as difficult as you imagined. There are various storage accessories specifically meant to maximize space in your RV’s kitchen. When picking the right ones, these practical items are definite must-haves.
1. Instant Pot. One of many housewives’ bestfriend, the Insta Pot continue to bring wonders to RV living. Easy to use and multifunctional, this sensational kitchen appliance can be used as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice maker, yogurt maker steamer, and so on. Instead of buying various appliances, you only get to buy 1 that does all the usual dishes. Saves you money and space!
This convenient kitchen device also helps save time. When living in an RV, you may want to make do with a 3-quart or a standard 6-quart size. The former is great for 1 person or a couple. The latter, on the other hand, is great for a family of 5 and also perfect for weekend get-togethers over soups and stews.
2. Collapsible Storage Bowl. One of the most practical solution to small kitchens like living in an RV, collapsible storage containers made from either plastic or silicone materials are continually being deemed must-haves by RV specialists.
Effective use of these collapsible storage items offers valuable savings in terms of space and costs. Collapsible storage bowls come in various sizes allowing you to store cooking ingredients, leftovers and such in a much cleaner, more organized and much safer environment. When in use, the collapsible storage can hold product effectively and moving items therein can be done efficiently, quickly and safely when needed. When choosing, always go for brands with the following qualities:
- Can hold heavy loads
- Provide excellent content protection
- Weather- and pollutant- resistant
- Non-toxic/do not transfer contaminants
- Easy to move
- Easy to clean
- Environment friendly
3. Stackable Bowls. Ever had those Russian nesting dolls growing up? Stackable bowls have the same idea. You can stack and unstack them in a neat pile saving ample space in your camper’s kitchen space. Think: mixing bowls, sieves, measuring cups, colander, strainer, etc—all in one stackable set. You can toss a garden salad in one bowl then, mix dry and wet ingredients in another.
Condiments like dips and sauces can be prepped in another bowl. This amazing space-saver offers a great addition to a kitchen RV. If you wish to buy a set, go for stainless steel for aesthetics and longevity—and easy to clean, too. You may also want to throw in some nesting pots and pans for a seamlessly organized RV kitchen space.
4. Cast Iron Pan. Some calls it the skillet, while others just plain cast iron pan. Usually a family heirloom, a cast iron pan is a wise investment for RV beginners. For newbies in this arena, a starter skillet is a good choice. Affordable and efficient, it can be used as a stove-top, oven or open-fire cooking apparatus. You will hear a lot about “pre-seasoned” variety and suggest that you pick that one up.
Just remember to rinse it first then, dry and set it on a stove before you go cracking that first batch of sunny side-ups. There are quite a lot of choices in Amazon and if you must, go for artisanal brands known for their reliability and durability. Note: Keep a bottle of flaxseed oil for seasoning and re-seasoning, too.
5. Coffeemaker. When it comes to RV kitchen storage accessories, nothing comes more important than a coffeemaker. Most everyone simply needs their coffee fix! Choice of brand and size to pick, however, largely depends on one’s own personal requirement. Usual picks are portable, user-friendly and easy to clean or maintain—and of course, capable of making a great cup of fresh brew.
Think: pour-over coffeemakers, percolators, drip types, single-serve brews, and so on. Do choose one that can be concealed and available for non-electrical conditions.
Without a doubt, these RV kitchen storage accessories make for an organized kitchen. A tidy kitchen after all is a happy kitchen. So, when you have finally decided to withdraw to a life of living on the road, try to keep these tips in mind. With the right storage solution, you can finally enjoy a lavish kitchen even with a limited space.